- Quiet Time. Take time to be quiet and get to know yourself away from your screens, and the noise of daily life. Insight Timer is a cool app with soothing bells to time your meditation. Even just 5 minutes can be enough to spend time with your thoughts.
- Journal. Write down what you really like about yourself and expand on those aspects of yourself. Journal about a time in your life when you were hurt, lonely or sad, and contemplate that time. In your mind go back to that age and let yourself know that ‘I got you, I see you and I’m here for you’. Speak to your younger self the way you would speak to someone that you love and respect.
- Forgive. People hurt others, because they’re hurt. When we realize that we become more compassionate towards others and are able to forgive. It doesn’t mean you should stay close to people who continually hurt you. In fact, distance might be best. However, we can forgive others, not take everything so personally, and learn from each situation.
- Say Thank You. When you wake up in the morning, say thank you. Thank you for existing, that in of itself is a miracle. You are here and as the universe moves through you, there is a reason for your being.
- Help Others. If there is a way that you can be of assistance, do it. If there’s a kind word that can be employed, say it. We exist on this earth together for a reason. It’s through each other that we can realize Love.
I leave this list with you. Maybe just pick one thing I mentioned, think about it, and if you agree it could be useful, try it out for a day. These practices take practice, but are worth the effort because there is an infinite love inside each of us just waiting to be expressed and on a beautiful plus note, when we love ourselves, this has a ripple effect on others. People can pick up on our emotional state through mirror neurons, so our compassion and self-love is contagious! Prema xx
p.s. meaning of Prema = Divine Love 🙂